We are currently performing routine maintenance, some functionality may be temporarily unavailable.
Posted 4th March 2020
Westport Golf Club has a position for an enthusiastic and well-motivated Golf Professional.
Westport Golf Club's premier 18 hole championship golf course and driving range are situate just outside of the thriving heritage town.
The Club is keen to continue to grow its membership and ensure that quality services, tuition and products are available to its members and patrons.
The successful candidate should be a PGA professional and be able to demonstrate experience and capability in the areas of retailing, marketing, customer service and visitor relations and will:-
· Be fully knowledgeable of golf shop merchandise and will sell merchandise and advise members and visitors as appropriate to meet their needs;
· Be instrumental in organising and maintaining membership programmes and golf lesson programmes;
· Provide members with professional golf services including lessons, fittings and repairs;
· Ensure accurate tracking of types and quantities of golf rounds played and will monitor player preferences, usage patterns and satisfaction with Club services and will provide recommendations for continued improvement;
· Schedule tee times and monitor access;
· Interact with members and visitors in a professional and congenial manner at all times and handle inquiries in accordance with Club operating policies and procedures;
· Will handle the multiple duties commensurate with the role in a flexible manner liaising with the General Manager.
Attractive terms and conditions are on offer and interested parties are requested to forward a curriculum vitae with covering letter to : The Hon. Secretary, Westport Golf Club, Carrowholly, Westport, Co. Mayo.
Posted 4th March 2020
Muskerry Golf Club
Job Description: Golf Club Secretary/Manager
Reporting relationship: Reports to the Board of Management through the Chairman of the Board
Muskerry Golf Club was founded in 1907 and the course was designed by the renowned Dr. Alister MacKenzie. The club is a members club with a strong commitment to maximising participation in all club activities.
The post of Secretary /Manager presents an excellent opportunity for a dynamic self -driven professional who has the capacity to work closely with the Club Officers to deliver a quality service to all members, guests and visitors. The post is offered on a fulltime, five year contract basis with a formal annual review by the nominated Officers of the Club.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the Post-holder.
· Responsibility for all administration of the club, working closely with the Club Officers to deliver a cost-effective, efficient support service making optimum use of appropriate software systems.
· Ensure that proper accounting records (including payroll) are maintained, prepared and audited in conjunction with the Club Treasurer.
· In conjunction with the Club Chairman and the relevant Club Officers ensure all policies and procedures that are required to meet the Clubs legislative requirements on matters such as Health & Safety, HR policies and procedures, Fire Safety, HACCP and Food Hygiene, GDPR etc. are in place and updated when required.
· Ensure that the Club Constitution, Bye-Laws, Policy Statement and news items on the Club website are amended and updated as required in accordance with GDPR
· Liaise with the Golfing Regulatory bodies.
· Maintain a professional and welcoming approach at all times when dealing with members, guests and visitors.
· To act as Secretary to the Board of Management
· To work constructively with the Head Greenkeeper, the Bar Manager, the Club Professional and the Caterer in delivering a quality service to all members and visitors.
· To work closely with the Chairman of the Board of Management, the Captain, Lady Captain and President to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Golf Club
· Ensure all Human Resources requirements (eg personnel files, payroll) are managed professionally, ensuring compliance with current employment legislation.
· Promote the Club and be active in marketing the Club facilities in order to maximise revenue from green fees.
· During the peak golfing season and at times of major competitions there may be a requirement to work weekends.
· Manage online booking and administration system, membership details and handicap records.
· Communicate effectively with external organisations, individuals, agencies and sponsors.
· Maintain a log of members dealing with junior/juvenile members who have Garda vetting clearance and assist Junior Offices with any requirements relating to Safeguarding Policies.
As the Club evolves, flexibility in regard to allocation of specific duties will be necessary. The list of duties detailed above in not intended to be exclusive or restrictive, duties may be added or withdrawn in consultation with the postholder. A more detailed list of duties will be made available during the induction period of the successful candidate.
· Substantive work experience with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a similar type role, with an understanding of the game of golf;
· Excellent IT skills to include SAGE, Word, Excel and Outlook. Must be open to utilise social media tools and other commonly used internet platforms to communicate with members and the public;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail;
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and the ability to work on your own initiative is essential;
Muskerry Golf Club is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications are invited by email , (cover letter and full Curriculum Vitae which must include two referees). References will be sought to relation to the successful candidate to firstname.lastname@example.org - closing date is 31st March 2020
Posted 3rd March 2020
Food and Beverage Manager - Grange Golf Club, Dublin
Grange Golf club is a busy family friendly club with over 1400 members located in Rathfarnham, Dublin 16. The club comprises 24 holes, wonderful practise facilities, a professional shop and a clubhouse with a restaurant and bar.
Grange Golf Club is actively seeking to recruit a Food and Beverage manager to manage and deliver a first class experience to their members. This is an exciting new role encompassing all duties required to assist in the smooth running of a busy bar and catering operation. Experience in the hospitality sector is a prerequisite, ideally in a club. Duties will include but are not limited to;
· Front of House manager
· Bar management
· Stock Control
· Restaurant management
A more detailed job description may also be sought by emailing email@example.com
If interested, please email your CV and cover letter in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 20th 2020
Posted 21st Feb 2020
POSTED - 19th FEBRUARY 2020Cork Golf Club is a private members' golf club, with a proud history of upholding the best traditions of amateur golf and providing a rewarding golf experience for members and visitors.
Posted 17th February
Title: General Manager – Elm Park Golf and Sports Club CLG (https://www.elmpark.ie/) - posted Friday 14th February 2020
Elm Park Golf and Sports Club is seeking to appoint a member centric General Manager to manage and deliver an excellent and consistent member experience.
The General Manager will also develop, manage and mentor the existing support teams that are integral to the successful running of the Club.
Elm Park Golf and Sports Club has over 2,000 members. It comprises of an 18-hole golf course, indoor and outdoor tennis courts and a club house with restaurant, bar and Professional's Shop.
The Club has thriving male/female/juvenile memberships in both golf and tennis. It also has diverse interest groups such as snooker, bridge, art and wine to name just a few. It acts as a real hub for the members and this is supported by a dedicated staff team of 40 people.
We have recently opened a significant new extension with plans for further capital expenditure projects imminent.
· Experienced as a front-of-house manager in hospitality/food and beverage/hotels/clubs.
· Ideally working in club management (in particular experience in a golf/tennis club would be advantageous).
· Au fait with facilities management and maintenance.
· An individual with a minimum of 5 years' leadership experience in general management.
· A commercial individual with business acumen and an understanding of finance, operations, sales & marketing.
· Someone of sound judgement, who can balance the needs of individual members against those of the Club.
· Driven and can operate in a change environment where you can deliver results.
· Someone who knows the difference between value and cost.
· Diplomatic yet firm, a leader with a collaborative approach.
· A person who promotes the inclusive culture of Elm Park and is committed to delivering the best experience to our members.
· Able to drive change by evolution as opposed to revolution.
· Compliance focussed – ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations.
· Good to work with and for!
· The role will require some weekend and evening work.
· The Club has just finished a new enhanced development of its Professional Shop, locker rooms and ancillary services with a €3.5m spend. More significant capital expenditure is planned prior to the centenary.
· Elm Park will mark its centenary in 2025, you as General Manager will have a key role in delivering a successful year of celebration.
· A competitive remuneration package comes with the role.
If you are interested in the position and match the criteria outlined please send your CV into our retained executive recruiter: Paul McArdle, Partner – The Panel to email@example.com.
All applications to go through The Panel, no canvassing please.