We are currently performing routine maintenance, some functionality may be temporarily unavailable.
Posted 21st Feb 2020
POSTED - 19th FEBRUARY 2020Cork Golf Club is a private members' golf club, with a proud history of upholding the best traditions of amateur golf and providing a rewarding golf experience for members and visitors.
Posted 17th February
Title: General Manager – Elm Park Golf and Sports Club CLG (https://www.elmpark.ie/) - posted Friday 14th February 2020
Elm Park Golf and Sports Club is seeking to appoint a member centric General Manager to manage and deliver an excellent and consistent member experience.
The General Manager will also develop, manage and mentor the existing support teams that are integral to the successful running of the Club.
Elm Park Golf and Sports Club has over 2,000 members. It comprises of an 18-hole golf course, indoor and outdoor tennis courts and a club house with restaurant, bar and Professional's Shop.
The Club has thriving male/female/juvenile memberships in both golf and tennis. It also has diverse interest groups such as snooker, bridge, art and wine to name just a few. It acts as a real hub for the members and this is supported by a dedicated staff team of 40 people.
We have recently opened a significant new extension with plans for further capital expenditure projects imminent.
· Experienced as a front-of-house manager in hospitality/food and beverage/hotels/clubs.
· Ideally working in club management (in particular experience in a golf/tennis club would be advantageous).
· Au fait with facilities management and maintenance.
· An individual with a minimum of 5 years' leadership experience in general management.
· A commercial individual with business acumen and an understanding of finance, operations, sales & marketing.
· Someone of sound judgement, who can balance the needs of individual members against those of the Club.
· Driven and can operate in a change environment where you can deliver results.
· Someone who knows the difference between value and cost.
· Diplomatic yet firm, a leader with a collaborative approach.
· A person who promotes the inclusive culture of Elm Park and is committed to delivering the best experience to our members.
· Able to drive change by evolution as opposed to revolution.
· Compliance focussed – ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations.
· Good to work with and for!
· The role will require some weekend and evening work.
· The Club has just finished a new enhanced development of its Professional Shop, locker rooms and ancillary services with a €3.5m spend. More significant capital expenditure is planned prior to the centenary.
· Elm Park will mark its centenary in 2025, you as General Manager will have a key role in delivering a successful year of celebration.
· A competitive remuneration package comes with the role.
If you are interested in the position and match the criteria outlined please send your CV into our retained executive recruiter: Paul McArdle, Partner – The Panel to email@example.com.
All applications to go through The Panel, no canvassing please.