We are currently performing routine maintenance, some functionality may be temporarily unavailable.
Malahide Golf Club - posted 14th May 2020
Deputy Golf Course Superintendent
Malahide Golf is a 27-Hole members club located in Malahide Co. Dublin. Malahide Golf Club was founded in 1892 and moved to its present location in 1990. The club has approximately 1,600 members. The golf course is a parkland course that is very much enjoyed by members and guests.
Malahide Golf Club is looking to recruit a Deputy Course Superintendent. The position will work directly with the course superintendent and the course agronomist/consultant when needed. The goal of the position is to assist the course superintendent in providing our members and guest with the best possible experience when playing our golf course.
Previous experience as Assistant Superintendent is preferred. This position requires a high level of organization, communication, and willingness to go above and beyond. We expect everyone to do whatever it takes daily to meet expectations, and that includes Deputy Golf Course Superintendents. This position will help provide the experience and confidence to reach your goal of becoming a Golf Course Superintendent.
Essential Job Functions:
· Under the guidance of the Superintendent, the Deputy directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course including, greens, approaches, fairways, tees, rough, clubhouse areas and bunkers
· Delivers and promotes prompt, courteous, and friendly service to all members, guests, and employees
· Motivates and directs staff daily
· Supervises the mechanic on repairs and maintenance of equipment and helps with repair and maintenance where needed.
· Assists with supervising the crew and assigning daily work tasks
· Fertiliser and Plant Protection Products applications and calibrations
· Understand and be aware of our carbon footprint
· Irrigation maintenance, repairs, and scheduling (Rainbird)
· Assist with record keeping of weather and all applications
· Help maintain inventory of machinery, chemical, fertilizer and irrigation
· Train new staff members on safety, operation, and care of equipment
· Will serve in the Superintendent's capacity during their absence
· 7+ years' experience
· Flexibility in attitude and working times including weekend rota
Malahide Golf Club would like to invite candidates with a positive attitude, career minded, dependable and accountable; with a passionate for the game of golf, the industry and producing the golf courses to a premium membership standard
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned by the Golf Course superintendent or General Manager.
· Level 6 FETAC- Greenkeeping and Sports Turf Management certificate or equivalent
· PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates
· Manual Handling course
· Basic first aid and if possible, defibrillator training
· Use of Microsoft- word, excel, PowerPoint or equivalent (ability to provide course and budget reports)
Please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 29 May 2020